Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Some Encouraging Thoughts


If the Lord be with us, we have no cause of fear. His eye is upon us, His arm over us, His ear open to our prayer--His grace sufficient, His promises unchangeable.
{ John Newton }

"But God is the God of the waves and the billows, and they are still His when they come over us; and again and again we have proved that the overwhelming thing does not overwhelm. Once more by His interposition deliverance came. We were cast down, but not destroyed."
{ Amy Carmichael }


"I will lift up my eyes to the hills—from whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.
The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
from this time forth, and even forevermore."
{ Psalms 121 }



May you be blessed with a lovely afternoon!

Much love,

16 comments:

  1. Your photography is so beautiful... and I love the quotes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photography! :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty pics. Thanks for the verses too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post, Livvy! Thanks for sharing. :)

    -- Much love,
    Lindsay <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, Livvy! And thanks for the 'encouraging thoughts.'
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I discovered your blog through Practical simplicity photos... I really enjoy it :) I was wondering if you would mind me copying and saving the first picture on todays post? If not, that would be VERY understandable! :D

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I'm Gwen, and I just found your blog.
    I like it a lot.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Livvy!

    Your photography is beautiful! I especially like the one of you with your horse in the sidebar. What kind of camera do you have? I'm researching SLRs, trying to decide on one to buy. So far, I like the Nikon D90 best.

    Y'all need to come up and visit again. We so enjoyed seeing you last summer! Tell your whole family "hi" from me.

    -Tricia Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by...and doesn't it just drive ya crazy when you realize you missed a big step...especially in knitting, but I got it back to where I skipped over the important part and I'm on a roll again.

    I've stopped by your blog before and I must say that I love the simple country feel.I believe you know my cousins and follow my mom's blog (she makes the pies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the quotes ARE encouraging and the photos are beautiful. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. :-) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, I just love your photography! The picture of the rose is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such precious quotes and verses - thank you for sharing them, Olivia! It is always amazing to think about the sovereignty of the Lord. What a gracious God we serve!

    With Love,
    Emily Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love that picture of the rose. Roses are my favorite flowers and I love to look at pictures of them. You captured that particular rose very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Livvy. Your blog is beautiful. It's wonderful to know teenagers happy with their homes and families like you. We also know that the Lord has done. A hug from a sister who lives in the Amazon jungle, Brasil. In Christ. Glória.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We do have no cause to fear, because the Lord is with us. It's wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Photography! I just love the pictures, and the quotes are wonderful! Isn't God's creation simply amazing? =)

    ReplyDelete