Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blueberry Picking


Out of all the lovely, delightful activities one can do with their family in the summertime, blueberry picking must be nearly the most charming. Out in the sunshine and breezes, with the splendid scent of berries and a cool drink handy. We had such a day not long ago, and it was most enjoyed by all. I took many, many pictures to keep and to share with y'all. :)

Perhaps a Cream Tea with the ladies will be in order next, with home-made clotted cream, and Mama's strawberry jam. Mmmm. *licks lips*. Now, on to the photographs......


{a shady tree in front of the many blueberry bushes. there was plenty of juicy, sweet berries to go 'round}

{the color was just gorgeous. quite inspiring}

{one of the laden bushes}

{everyone down to Levi helped pick berries, though I suspect most of Levi's and Ella's never made it to the pail}

{handfuls of lusciousness}

{a shady, mossy pathway lined with the prolific bushes}

{my fluttery, breezy skirt. isn't it so summer-y?}


{our little Levi-boy. his eyes are so gorgeous}
{he helped us pick, at least, he picked for his own enjoyment if you know what I mean}
*wink*
{while we were there, the patch owner's sweet little doggy kept us company while we picked. here doggy is expressing her affection for Levi}
{and here Levi is expressing his affections for doggy}


{a visitor among the berries}

.:. .:. .:. .:.
{there were many lovely flowers around, so I looked upon it as wonderful opportunity}

{purple & quite small}


{pink & even smaller}


{these would be lovely in a milkglass vase}


{delicate & feminine}


{across the road, a rolling field of corn. alot of corn}


{we set up a quilt and a solar powered fan for the littles. doggy made herself at home}


{we were just finishing up when my eye caught sight of a little nest in one of the blueberry bushes. I was sure I saw something move, so I lifted one of my sisters up to take a peek. sure enough, there was a baby bird, just hatched}

{soon after we had pictures of the tiny bird, who was quite alive and well. his downy fluff hadn't even dried yet}


{a parting shot of the delectable berries}


I hope you enjoyed seeing our day of blueberry picking! :)
At this moment I am enjoying a bowl of freshly picked blueberries with real cream and a sprinkle of sugar.

*happy sigh*
Simplistic delights are such a lovely part of life.


23 comments:

  1. Those blueberries look delicious! Your skirt looked rather familiar so I took a peak down at my own skirt and discovered that I am wearing the same only in pink not blue. :-D

    Blessing,s
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, THose blueberries looks yummy!!! and so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes! We're going to go picking *hopefully* next week! :) I can't wait!!! I LOVE blueberries! :)
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Livvy, I've been staring at those blueberries and it's made my mouth is water! ; ) Levi looks so sweet, he reminds me of one of my cousins! : ) How wonderful to be able to witness the baby bird soon after it was hatched! Sounds like ya'll had a memorable time!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you and your family had a lovely time, Livvy! Wow, so much beauty in your post. Thank you for sharing, dear friend! :-)

    ~ Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are really pretty!
    My Momma and I picked blueberries yesterday morning, and my little brother was our defender,squashing aphids for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, Livvy! I absolutely love blueberries. Actually, this morning I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast! Simply delicious. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What BEAUTY!
    God's creation is, indeed, marvelous!

    Love & Blessings~ Miss Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Livvy, thank you so much for responding to my comment! I had never heard of rosacea; thanks for the info :)
    Also, I appreciate the tip for Celtic music! I am always looking for good-quality, Christian, Celtic music. I've heard a little of Charlie Zahm through Vision Forum, but I'll be sure to check out the link!

    Another question... I was wondering if I could use the B and W photograph of you and Bandit (I'm assuming it's Bandit anyway ;) ) on my side bar, with a verse on Godliness (probably Prov. 31:30). It's just seems to tell such a beautiful story, even if one has no idea who the girl is.

    Blessings!

    SOLI DEO GLORIA!

    -Kyrie<><

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,

    Your blog is absolutely a blessing...it has deeply touched my heart!
    May our heavenly Father continues to make you a blessing. Just thinking of having blueberry pancake.
    Hope you don't mind my comment.

    Blessings,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for permission to use your pictures! I appreciate it so much!
    I love all the ones in this post too - you take such wonderful perspectives
    Love and Blessings!

    SOLI DEO GLORIA!

    -Kyrie<><

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I was wondering if you would make a button for your blog? I love putting blogs I like on my blog and would LUV to have a button from you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pics! You've been tagged on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos, Livvy! Your little brother is sooo adorable!

    Blueberry-picking sounds fun!Do they grow from a plant or tree?

    The flowers were also very beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Maya'lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blueberries look wonderful. We just moved to a house that has two blueberry bushed and I can't hardly wait unti they're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like you had a perfectly lovely day! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Could you PLEASE go over to Pennies from Heaven, and follow her. You see, at this link~

    http://guinevereamoureaux.blogspot.com/2010/06/150th-post-part-1.html

    She is hosting a giveaway for a $20 gift certificate. And she is going to give it to the person that can round up the most followers! So, please go over and follower her, saying that 'Johanna and An Old-Fashioned Girl' sent you?
    Thank you So much!
    ~Johanna~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi I am Alisa and I am following your Blog. Its Really cool. I love it. I am Also 17 and Would like you be friends. Please would you go and look at my blog and Follow it? I need some more followers. This is the link http://babiigurlshomeschoolingdays.blogspot.com/ . And I would love to get to know you like I said. I need some more people my age to talk about this stuff with. lol Well contact me soon please.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aaaaawww there is nothing sweeter than a boy and his dog. = ) Those blueberries look absolutely scrumptious.
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love blueberry picking! though, it is very, very, tedious. (by the way, I LOVE the skirt!!)Also, please enter my follower fest - I need at least 35 followers by the end of July if I am going to do a blog party. If I get more than 35 followers, then I will have a giveaway! Please post about it and tell your followers!
    God bless,
    ~Gianna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes they are. to the delights thing. ANYHOO love the blog. I have a blog that i share with a good friend. Please take a look at it. I love the pic of you standing by that horse, such a pretty pic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your skirt, it is very beautiful and summery!! I also love your blog, you are very inspiring.

    kayti

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how I miss fresh blueberries! And the vivid colors of summer.

    Again excellent photography Livvy! You have a very creative eye.

    ReplyDelete