Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Vision Forum's 2010 Father & Daughter Retreat

On March 28th, my sisters, dad and I were so blessed to attend Vision Forum's 2010 Father & Daughter retreat at Callaway Gardens. It was so much fun to visit with all of the young ladies and their fathers, as well as do the activities. One of the best parts was listening to the encouraging/challenging talks given. My favorite talk was an excellent one by Anna Sophia & Elizabeth Botkin entitled: "Whose Daughter Are You? Examining Our Affections and Identity".

On the first day, we started out by playing unity games on the Grand Lawn of the Inn at Callaway. We played croquet, did a three-legged race, and went on an obstacle course blindfolded. Dads and daughters had to work together in order to accomplish each of these activities. Afterwards we all had a picnic on the Grand Lawn and then an Ice Cream Social.


Ivey helps Ella hit the croquet ball to finish our run.


Dad and Ella.

Dad plays croquet and carries a chilly Ella.

Everyone got a blanket and found a place on the Grand Lawn to enjoy the picnic lunch. It was a gorgeous day, so sunny and clear!

When some of the conference sessions got a little long, Ella would entertain herself by practicing writing her name.


The ballroom where the speaking was. Everyone shared tables and enjoyed fellowship during the breaks.

A Treasure Trove, A.K.A; the book table. One of my favorite places. :D :D


The print of my dress I wore to the High Tea.


On the second day, after a speaking session there was a beautiful High Tea for everyone. It was a lovely time for fathers and daughters to practice social graces and enjoy a delicious spread with other young ladies and their fathers. It's one of the sweetest parts of the retreat! (For me, anywho! :D)


Ivey at our table.

My teacup.
Every young lady and their father was allowed to take their cup home. They are treasured memories from a wonderful week-end.

Ella shares with Dad something she heard or saw. Or perhaps something about taking her teacup home, which she was especially excited about. :)

A Mussie-Tussie.
Each table had one of these little bouquets, and one of the young ladies at the table would get to take it home. Ella received this one, much to her delight.


Dear friends. Love y'all!!

§•§•§•§•§•§•§•§

We visited the Butterfly Center where several of the butterflies decided we made good landing sites! Hehe... ;) One of them even went so far as to land on my camera, where of course, I couldn't take a picture of it. *pout*


A pretty green one having a snack.

This is one of my favorites, with the sun illuminating through the butterfly's wings.


A "vintage-version" of the daffodil photo. :)

§•§•§•§•§•§•§•§


It was such a blessing to attend the conference, I'm so thankful that the Lord allowed us to go and enjoy such a wonderful week-end with our Dad!


19 comments:

  1. Oh... I LOVED looking at your sweet pictures, Livvy!! I know I'd said this before, but your photography really is amazing. I really like that last "vintage version" of the daffodil. So pretty!! It looks like everyone had a lovely time. :)

    ♥ Love & Blessings,
    Lindsay

    P.S. - How did you get the font for your sidebar and post titles? I'd love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely pictures, Livvy! Thank you for sharing them with us. I am glad you had such a wonderful time at the retreat!

    Blessings ~ Lacie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    Sereina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved looking at the pictures. Thank-you for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress print is so beautiful! Your teacup is very lovely also. :)

    ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some cool pictures Livvy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply LOVELY....
    it looks like you had a beautiful time!
    It's always a JOY and delight to visit
    your blog!

    Love & Blessings~ Miss Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blog! I love the music and the pictures. You forgot to mention what a big help your were, so I'll mention it for you :-) Thank you so much for your help with the Father and Daughter Retreat this year. It wouldn't have been the same without you and your sweet family!

    Blessings,
    Nan Keen

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny Livvy! We're good friends with Hannah, Rebekah, and Maggie as well! We briefly know Mary. We went there last year, and I hope to go again next year!
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Livvy,
    Awwwwwww!!!! You are the second person I have heard that went on the retreat. I wanted to go so badly, but I am very glad that you had a pleasant time.
    I am a follower of your other blog about the herbs, but had never looked at this one. It is very lovely. Your photography is beautiful.
    Feel free to visit my blogs @ http://gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com or http://fromthedeskdrawerofayoungwriter.blogspot.com.
    In Christ's Redeeming Love,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I saw you there! I didn't know that was you.
    The Father& Daughter retreat is an experience I will not forget and I hope to go again.
    Kathleen Orenczak

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos! ...of course the only one I actually enlarged to get a really close look at was the one of the books table... a treasure trove indeed!
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't understand your email address
    Zara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Ladies! Thank y'all for all of the sweet comments, I always love to hear from y'all! :)

    Lindsay: Awwww, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed looking at them. I hope the tutorial worked for you! :)

    Lacie: Thank you! :) And, you're welcome! :D

    Sereina: Welcome to my blog, thanks for leaving a comment! :) I took a peek at your blog, and I love the pictures! You are a very talented photographer!

    Kelsey: I'm so glad you enjoyed looking at them! :)

    Carrie: Thank you, I knew when I first saw the print that I had to have it!! Haha :D They remind me of watercolor roses. :D

    Lizzy: Thanks! :D

    Miss Jen: Thank you so much, and thank you for the sweet compliment. I enjoy visiting your blog, as well! ;)

    Mrs. Keen: Thank you so much, Mrs. Keen! Oh, how could it be considered work when I had so much fun? :) I enjoyed every minute of it! Again, thank you so very much for all y'all did to put on the conference! Everyone was so blessed by it! Hugs!

    Allison: What a coincidence! That's so neat! Perhaps we can meet one year! :)

    Grace: Oh, I'm sorry you were unable to attend!! :(
    I hope you will be able to atted next year, perhaps we can meet up! :) You have some lovely blogs, by the way! :)

    Kathleen: I remember seeing you as well, but I couldn't remember where I had seen your name before! Haha, my mind was pretty foggy the whole week-end. :D It's too bad, but at least we can visit through blogs! :)

    Kate: Thank you, I'm sorry the rest won't upsize, most do for me. I think my dad said it has something to do with the editing, so I'll have to look into it. Have a lovely day!

    Zara: Okay, I'll send you an email with yours. Talk to you soon!

    Thank y'all again for the lovely comments! Y'all have a wonderful week! :)

    ~Livvy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely pictures! I've never been to Vision Forums Father/Daughter Retreat, but it looks like a wonderful time for Father's and their daughters!

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful! It looks like you and your family had a lovely time!

    Thank you for sharing all of those wonderful photos.

    I have never been to Father Daughter Retreat, but it looks really fun!

    I must say that your photography is very professional looking and makes me smile each time I read your blog.

    Blessings,

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Livvy,

    I'm so glad that you & your sisters got a chance to spend time with your dad at the Father Daughter Retreat! I've heard about it before, and it looks like a treasured time for both fathers and daughters.

    The fabric your dress was made of for the High Tea was so pretty! Getting to take your tea cup home is such a neat keepsafe, or so I think. ;)

    I love the picture of the daffodils, too!

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Moriah S.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, how lovely! Your pictures captured the most beautiful parts of the retreat! I had hoped that we would have been able to attend again this year, but due to the economy and other things it did not happen. Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings to you...

    McKenzie~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photographs are exquisite! Keep shooting!

    --Tim
    www.timothydeanmills.com

    ReplyDelete