Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

::What's Kept Me Busy::


Alot! I haven't been around very much lately, so I thought y'all might like to see some pictures that I've taken recently.
Remember how I mentioned us doing something very fun last weekend?
Well, we purchased a bridle and rode Bandit! We don't have a saddle yet, so we just rode bareback. It was a blast, even if he was almost too slippery to hang on! Mike rode him after dad, and Bandit seemed to like it. Emily, Gabe and I all had a turn as well.

He was such a good boy, and was handsomely rewarded with plenty of carrot flavored treats.


On another note, Daisy had 2 puppies! They are the cutest, fattest, most soft, wrinkly little things! And they smell like hay. (They live in our "miniature barn", after all!)

*******************

Some other things that have kept me busy preoccupied are...

Baking! Here I was working with a shortbread-like pie crust. Yum!


I also made Mia's Spinach Dip, which Mom and I adored. Delightfully delicious!


I've also been sewing a good deal.


I love the calm, reflective look of sepia.



*****************

Dad bought Mom a bunch of lovely flowers, and they make me wish for Spring so badly!




I hope y'all enjoyed the pictures and ramblings! I shan't wait so long to post again next time. At least, I'll try not to. ;)

Y'all have a blessed week!

13 comments:

  1. Livvy,

    Thank you for sharing the many pictures. It looks like y'all had fun on Bandit! The new little puppy is SO adorable!
    The food looks delicious! :)
    Those flowers are beautiful. I am excited for Spring, too! What a wonderful season it is!
    May the Lord bless you and your family! :)

    Your Sister In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog and am so glad I did! We are alike in so many ways-I too was home schooled, am a Christian and a sibling to 5 (there's six of us), love learning about natural medicine, grew up on a farm, and love cooking, music, writing, crafts and all things homemaking! So cool! Although I'm from the cold North (Canada).

    I'm 19 and have been married for a year and a half now to the man of my dreams. We've been blessed with a daughter who is four months older than my youngest brother!

    I'm enjoying your thoughts-keep sharing!

    ~Jacinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Livvy! You've been "following" my blog for a while, but for some reason I'm just now coming to see who you are! :D Anyway, I have enjoyed looking over your blog very much, and will be back often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all the pictures! Thank-you for sharing them Livvy! The puppies are so cute and I'm in love with your horse too. :)
    I used to have a horse named Fancy, and she was a Tennessee walker. She was taught a special gait so that when she trotted, cantered, etc, the ride would be incredibly smooth! I only rode her bareback. :)
    Blessings,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pictures, Livvy! What a cute little puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picures Livvy!! I have only ridden a horse a couple of times but i LOVE it!! (except the time i almost fell off but that is a long story) :)

    That puppy is SO cute!! We were planning on getting a dog and having puppies but the dog we ended up getting was fixed. :(

    I am not a big sewer but i love to cross stitch! Bridget, my older sister, LOVES to sew clothes!! She is really good too!

    Those are beautiful flowers!! How nice he was to get them for your mother!! :)

    Thanks for sharing your pictures!! They are all lovely!!

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful pictures, Livvy! That is one charming puppy... :) Thank you for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesom pictures! That is cool that you got to ride Bandit! That must have been VERY FUN!!!

    In Christ
    ~Elizabeth~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've been delightfully busy! :) Animals.... cooking... sewing... awesome!
    Your sister in Christ,
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Livvy,

    You should try a bareback pad. It's more comfortable than ridng bareback and you have a hoop to put your hand through so you can hang on better. I think they even have foot stirrups? They're a nice, inexpensive alternative to a saddle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures and the fun 'trivia' Livvy! I love horses - looks like such fun! And the puppy is so cute! I sure miss our dog...
    I'm wanting to sew so bad too! I've heard March is 'craft month' and I've sure got 'craft fever' ;) ! With college, I'm not getting to much though... *sigh* maybe when summer comes!
    The flowers are beautiful too - they look like the ones Dad got for Mom at Valentine's Day ;) !
    Going to run for now, thanks again for all the 'ordinary events' news - I like hearing about people's every-day lives!

    SOLI DEO GLORIA!

    -Kyrie<><

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Livvy!
    Oh, what beautiful pictures! It was refreshing to look at them. Great job!
    ~Jeri Beth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! What a beautiful puppy!

    --Tim
    www.timothydeanmills.com

    ReplyDelete