Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

On Speaking Gently


Speak Gently
By David Bates

Speak gently; it is better far,
To rule by love than fear;
Speak gently; let no harsh word mar
The good we may do here.
:::
Speak gently to the young, for they
Will have enough to bear;
Pass through this life as best they may,
'Tis full of anxious care.
:::
Speak gently to the aged one,
Grieve not the careworn heart
Whose sands of life are nearly run;
Let such in peace depart.

:::
Speak gently to the erring; know
They must have toiled in vain;
Perchance unkindness made them so;
Oh, win them back again!
:::
Speak gently; 'tis a little thing
Dropped in the heart's deep well;
The good, the joy, that it may bring,
Eternity shall tell.
:::


5 comments:

  1. That is a lovely poem. Thank-you for sharing it Livvy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful poem and picture, Livvy! Thank you for sharing. I've really enjoyed all of your posts over this past week! :)

    ~ Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely picture Livvy! I read the post about your new camera- do you know where your parents bought it from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank y'all for all the sweet comments!

    Kelsey, I'm glad you liked it!
    I do enjoy posting poems. :)

    Lindsay, thank you! I'm glad that you've enjoyed the posts, Lord willing I will be able to keep posting often. I have plently of pictures to do so with! ;D

    The Big Sister,
    I believe they bought it from this site:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/635660-REG/Nikon_25462_D3000_SLR_Digital_Camera.html

    I think you can buy it at $60 below the suggested retail price there.
    I hope this helps you!

    Blessings y'all!
    ~Livvy

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful livvy!!! Thanks!! please pray that i will be able to get a new camera... hugs :)

    ReplyDelete