Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Simple Thanks

------------------------------------------
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him,
and bless his name.
Psalms 100: 4
------------------------------------------




Thanksgiving is almost upon us, and everyone is preparing for the festive day. Tomorrow, many people will be sitting down to a lovely, warm meal with their families, and enjoy another beautiful holiday. I wonder how many of them will take a moment and think about how truly blessed they are.

Tomorrow, many people will be cold, lonely, and hungry. I wonder how many of them will take a moment and ponder what it must be like to be so incredibly blessed. Yet, each one of them has something to be thankful for.
----------------------------------------
But I am poor and needy;
yet the Lord thinketh upon me:
thou art my help and my deliverer;
make no tarrying, O God.
Psalm 40:17
-----------------------------------------


Each blessing is one to be thankful for, no matter how small or insignificant it seems. Often, it's hard for me to count my little blessings, but I try to. They make me realize how wonderful the especially beautiful ones are.

-------------------------------------------------
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good;
for his mercy endureth for ever.
1 Chronicles 16:34
------------------------------------------------


Just a few of my many blessings, but ones that I am especially thankful for:

My wonderful family; each person is so unique and beautiful, I have the most wonderful family ever. None of us are perfect, but I love my family members all the more for it. My life is such a great adventure, and I am blessed to share that adventure with them.

My friends; in the last few years, I have met some of the most amazing and lovely young ladies (and their families!), in person, and through blogs. I am so blessed to know each one of them. They enrich my life in a special, beautiful, incredible way.

Our home & farm; I love it so much, and am so blessed to live in/on such a lovely one. With 22+ acres, many animals, space, and freedom that only country folks enjoy, I am so thankful to live here. If the Lord chooses to move us elsewhere, I will be happy to live wherever He wants us to, and look back on this home with fond memories.

The Gift of Salvation and Eternal Life; I stand in awe every time I think about the incredible future before me, with my family and Saviour, and that's only the beginning. I can look forward to seeing my Grandparents, my baby brother Thomas, and so many others when my life on this earth is completed. I especially look forward to seeing the Lord Jesus, and to live in joy forever.
-------------------------------------------------
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
to the which also ye are called in one body;
and be ye thankful. Colossians 3:15
-------------------------------------------------

Some of the littler blessings that I am thankful for:
My warm bed, my sewing machine, a camera that works, vacations, Callaway Gardens, my violin, hot tea, my blog, crocheting, books, conferences, fellowship with friends, watercolor paints, kittens, fuzzy socks, wild blackberry perfume, my hope-chest, flowers, candles, a clean house, tree swings, our animals, laughter, babies, beautiful music, precious memories, gifts, undying love, pictures, a beautiful, free country, kindred spirits, creativity, pretty fabric, aprons, my Celtic heritage, prayers from friends, encouraging Bible verses, and so. much. more. I have been so incredibly blessed!
--------------------------------------------------------
Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the people.
1 Chronicles 16:8
--------------------------------------------------------

May each one of you have a wonderful, lovely, joyous Thanksgiving day. I hope you take a moment and look at all of the things you have been blessed with, and truly thank the Lord for what He has done for you. The last few years, I have really come to see what a beautiful life I have been given. And Lord willing, it's just the beginning. What an incredible gift.
The Lord bless and keep you, my friend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits;
who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving
kindness and tender mercies; who satisfieth thy mouth with good things.
Psalm 103: 2-5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All images courtesy of google images.


6 comments:

  1. I just posted similarly. You have a beautiful post , thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Livvy!

    You are so right :) thanks for sharing. I too did a post about thanksgiving.. lol. Be sure to stop by!

    Blessings,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving as well.
    Yes, we have SO much to b thankful for!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Livvy!
    I hope you and your family have a very happy Thanksgiving!! :)

    ~ Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post!

    Esther
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/farmgirl9412

    ReplyDelete