Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

In The Garden


I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.
>:>:>:>:::<:<:<:<
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
>:>:>:>:::<:<:<:<
He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.
>:>:>:>:::<:<:<:<
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.
>:>:>:>:::<:<:<:<
I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.
>:>:>:>:::<:<:<:<
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.



Image courtesy of Google images.

5 comments:

  1. One of my favorites! A version of this song on the guitar is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this wonderful hymn! There is so much theology in many of the old songs that I am afraid is lost in the new songs being produced today. Thank you for helping us remember the wonderful ways the Lord has blessed us!

    Oh, and I awarded you... check out my blog

    SOLI DEO GLORIA!

    -Kyrie<><

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my most favorite hymns. It makes me cry every time I sing it or hear it. and reading the words are so thoughtful and tender to me. Thanks for sharing, I wish that my sone could find a girl like you to court. There just arn't many such girls of your caliber left and he is seeking and a good one to catch. But most ladies are not of the quality and charater, godly for him.. Keep up the great works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hymn is so pretty. Hymns make you think...something a lot of music today doesn't do.
    Thanks for posting.

    Thats one of my favorite paintings too. :-)
    ~Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hymn!!
    Thanks for posting it, Livvy. :)

    ~ Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete