Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Be Thou My Vision

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
.:.:.:.
Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee, and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with the Thee one.
.:.:.:.
Be Thou my battle shield, sword for the fight,
Be Thou my dignity, Thou my delight.
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tower.
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.
.:.:.:.
Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine inheritence now and always;
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Livvy, this is one of my most favorite hymns! I love playing it on the piano and singing it too! It's an Irish song isn't it?
    I posted it a couple weeks ago on my other blog too!
    (jesusbeautifulsavior.blogspot.com)
    Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful evening!
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hymn. Thank-you for posting it!

    God Bless,

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh I love this. Especially during Autumn ~ for some reason it makes me think of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is probably my favorite hymn. Thanks for posting it!
    In Christ,
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that hymn! Thank the Lord it will be stuck in my head all week and now I know where to look for all the lyrics :)

    Your blog is just lovely. It's exciting to read about life from your perspective. Being a mom of 4 I am blessed by your obvious devotion to the Lord!

    I can't wait to see what you discover about plants and will enjoy learning from you.

    Jessie at Blog Schmog

    I clicked your comment at Pioneer Woman

    ReplyDelete