Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Making A House A Home: Introduction

"Lullaby" By Trisha Romance


To start out, let's look at this question;

What makes a house a home?
1. Family. You can't call a house a home without your family being there.
2. Familiarity. Things the you know and love are in your home.
3. Comforts. The comforts of home can simply be the smell of gingerbread or gentle music playing. It can also be a clean, organized environment with a relaxed air.

Being the oldest daughter in my family, it is my responsibility to help my mother make our home inviting. When mom is busy or extra tired, she finds it hard to keep up with the house. Especially when it comes to things other than the bare necessities.
In my home, the first 2 things on the list are already there. But sometimes I fall behind when it comes to making things comfortable. This is such an important part, but it often gets pushed back. Even keeping organized can be hard when it starts to build up.

I have made the decision to get up a little earlier, work a little harder, and smile a little more.
For the next few weeks, I'm going to be getting the house back in order. Everything from organizing the draws to scrubbing the grout, and washing the windows.
By doing this, I will be a blessing to my parents and siblings. I will be making my life a little easier, as well as everyone else's.

Would you like to join me?
Every week I will post about a different room I'm cleaning, organizing and cozying, as well as what methods work for me. I would love it if you did the same. I think that all of us girls could be a wonderful encouragement to each other, and being a blessing to our families is so important.

If you would like to join me, please go ahead and do so. I would love it if you posted about it, as well. Simply come back here and leave a comment on the next Making A House A Home post, linking to your post.

I'm already working on the kitchen, so I hope to be posting about it soon!

Blessings,
~Livvy

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea and an encouraging post, Livvy! You know, I really would do this, but it's just that my computer takes forever to upload pictures!! But, I might be able to do it, and just not include pics. :) Would that be okay?
    Blessings,
    ~Miss Raquel

    P.S. I'm the oldest daughter in my family too...we have something in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!!! I would love to join in with you! I'm the second oldest, but hey that's alright! My blog is private but I want to invite you if you would like to share your email address my email address is "daughteroftheking13@gmail.com".

    Kinsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I am the second oldest out of eight kids, with two younger sisters ages 10 and 3.
    I really love to organize! You just have to get inot the mood of "clearing things out" and "making space" :) Mom and I are currently working on our school room to get it clean for the new year.
    I hope all goes well!

    In Christ Alone,

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great challange! keeping things neat and clean can be very difficult, especially when you've just picked up toys from of the floor and a little toddler comes and takes them out again! ;). I'll definitely be joining you.

    You're new background looks great! The Trisha Romance pictures are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very fun! I want to join in and do this with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Livvy,

    cool idea/background!:) oh btw (by the way) I don't have a blog yet..but i have a page on my family's website..here's the link(below)..i just updated it 2day. There's a few things i need 2 fix but i'm sure u'll figure it out..:)
    -Annie W.


    http://shebaaa7.freehostia.com/Annie%27s%20Page/Annie%27s%20Page.html

    ReplyDelete