Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

Our favorite peanut butter cookies!

The original recipe was from one of mom's cookbooks, but after some tweaking, we came up with this version. A delicious summer snack with some cold lemonade!

Powers' Family Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup Butter

1 cup Sugar

1 cup Brown Sugar, packed

1 cup Peanut Butter

2 large Eggs

1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour

1 1/2 cups Freshly Ground Whole Wheat Flour

1 tsp. Baking Soda

1/2 tsp. Salt

2 tsp. Vanilla

1 1/2 cups butterscotch or white chocolate chips, optional

Cream the butter & sugars. Add the peanut butter & eggs.
Mix the dry ingredients then add to the peanut butter mixture. Mix all 'till well blended.
Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork (that has been dipped in some flour) in a crosshatch pattern (If chips are added this step can be skipped).
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!

~Livvy

4 comments:

  1. Yum!! Those look delicious, Livvy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    Blessings,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Livvy!

    I noticed you were following my blog and just wanted to drop bye! Thanks for visiting me.

    You and your family seem a very close bunch, and praise the Lord for that! Thank you for sharing your love for them. :)

    My goodness. Might I just repeat everyone and say how beautiful those pictures were. I absolutely love photography and our styles match to a tee! Could I ask what camera you use?

    Talk to you soon!
    In Jesus,
    Rachel

    p.s. Viva La Vida is a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ladies!

    Lindsay,
    Thank you! Since cookie recipes are used so often used around here, I thought about sharing one of our favorites. We also love shortbread, my Dad has a recipe we use that he got from his grandmother that we really enjoy.
    :)

    Sarah,
    Thank you, my family thinks they are, but perhaps it's just because we really like peanut butter! ;)

    Rachel,
    Hello! I find your blog very enjoyable!

    Thank you, being Homeschooled has really brought us together, and we are so blessed to be able to do it. Living in the country has also kept us close.

    In answer to your question,
    Actually, the camera I use is a Kodak Easy-Share C913.
    I almost always take pictures on the “close-up” setting.
    This helps put the focal point in focus. I also edit the pictures slightly, usually darkening and downsizing.
    I hope this helps!

    Blessings,
    ~Livvy

    ReplyDelete