Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pictureless post

Good evening!
I'm afraid I've been too busy to pay much attention to the blog lately. :(
I do hope to pick up again soon though.
I also haven't taken many pictures up until now, but since we have batteries now, I think that will change. ;)

Here is a bunch of random things that we've been doing.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

By the way,

For those wondering, the answer to the previous post is: D :)

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

I am finally learning how to sew, and am enjoying it immensely. I'm almost finished with a dress and I hope to sew an apron afterwards.

My flower garden is planted and little seedlings are starting to come up. So far cosmos and sweet peas have sprouted and I hope that the baby's breath and Poppy's will also come up soon.
I also planted delphinium, petunias, larkspur, morning Glory's, 4 o'clocks, snapdragons, forget-me-nots, carnations, more sweet peas, and an annual mix. Some of the seeds are several years old so I'm not sure if they will come up. I hope to have some blooms by my birthday in June.

A few days ago Mike and I dug the mounds for our potatoes. So far we have planted lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes and onions. Along with those we usually plant okra, carrots, squash, zucchini, eggplant, peas, beans, corn, cucumbers, bell peppers, chili peppers, cantaloupe, watermelon and sometimes an herb or two.

The recent rain we have received has made everything rather wet. The other day the creek was up to about 5 feet deep. Usually it's only about 2 feet in the deepest parts. It seems we are going to get more rain in the coming weeks.

Mom and I have been planning how we are going to fix up Emmy and Ivey's bedroom and are hoping to paint and wallpaper it. Pink, green and blue will probably be the main colors.

Hopefully I will find something to post about soon (with pictures ;) ).

Blessings,

~Livvy

P.S How do you like my new background and colors?

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new background Livvy! I'll have to go and check out the site you got it from. The colors look great too!

    Man, I thought it would have been planting a garden, since it's Spring time! Oh well!=)

    I love to sew too! I enjoy sewing skirts. The funny thing is that, my momma taought me how to sew WITHOUT a pattern! I like to waear denim skirts, they are so expensive though. So, I decided to just make tham myself. I can make a denim skirts for around ten bucks! I normally wait until the denim goes on sell at the fabric store.=)
    Blessings,
    Miss Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your background Livvy:) It's so feminine and pretty!

    Have fun finishing your dress,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. y'all raise chickens! We are going top try to.....


    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ladies!

    Miss Hannah,
    Thank you, and you did answer correctly, as gardening was one of the things I was doing. :)
    I also love denim skirts, my favorite one is tiered. It's wonderful that you can sew without a pattern, I hope to soon be familiar enough with the sewing machine to start doing that too.

    Jenna,
    Thank you as well!
    I had been looking for something a little more feminine, and was delighted to find this one. And especially to see that you thought so too. :)

    Sarah,
    Welcome! Yes, we do have a few Buff Orpingtons and a Americana.
    They are very nice to have for fresh eggs. Mom and I have talked about raising some meat chickens too. I've read some of your blog and I like your posts. :)

    Blessings y'all,

    ~Livvy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Livvy,
    Thanks for joinging my blog followers! My Mom was BORN in Georgia, but moved to Texas soon after, since her Dad was serving in the military. She and I love Georgia though. It's beautiful. But then again, so is my Texas! Ü I like to sew too! And as you will read in my interests I like learning about herbs and natural remedies. I'm learning from my Mom, who's an expert! Thanks again... I like your background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Southern Maiden!
    Thank you for coming to my blog. I have been to Texas about 5-6 times and I agree that it's very beautiful. Especially the Blue Bonnets. My dad bought me some seeds from the Alamo earlier this year and I planted them in a teacup. They are about to need a bigger pot. :)

    Learning about natural remedies and herbs sounds like a very interesting hobby!

    Blessings,
    ~Livvy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!
    what a neat video! I just LOVE learning about the Irish and Scots. It is neat to see all the River dances the irish perform. I just realized that you are one state away from me! I live in Alabama. And I have a blog about natural remedies and herbs. I like the new look! Sorry it has been a while since I visited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bria!
    I enjoy learning about the Celts also. :)
    What a great history each one has. My brother Mike and I have talked about learning the Irish language. Hopefully one day we can travel to Ireland or Scotland.

    Yes, as a matter of fact, we live just a few hours apart! We know a family from up in your area.

    I think I have read your blog several times, what a wonderful subject!

    Hope you come by again soon!

    Blessings,
    ~Livvy

    ReplyDelete