Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

The SAICFF and our upcoming trip

Hello!
Just to let y'all know, I won't be posting much in the next few days.
My family and I are going to Texas for the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival.
We start day after tomorrow, Wednesday, at 2:00 AM. In case you’re wondering, we are going to drive.

I've decided to give y'all an outline of what we do on our drive.
It usually takes us 15 to 16 hours.
After we get on the road, about 2:30, we drive till our first stop. Previous to this everyone is sleeping, except for dad and myself. I don't know why, but I can never sleep in the car. I either talk quietly to dad, or read and listen to the Grand Ole Opry on the radio till morning light.
So by this time, after several hours, we stop in Alabama for breakfast and a quick break, after we've been about 5-6 hours on the road. Then we drive on through the rest of the state. After this is Mississippi. This normally takes an hour to get through.

After this we drive until we reach Baton Rouge Louisiana. Then we stop once more for lunch and another short break. The next stop will be in San Antonio. By this time the camera is in full swing. There are several bridges that we have to take pictures of each time we see them. Our favorite for pictures is in Louisiana (there are several here). I think dad said it’s 17 miles long.

Last year about this time, we were doing real well, everyone was still happy, we were farther than we had hoped to be, then, we reached "the bridge". The bridge itself is just a little unnerving to some, because it's so long and there is a never ending swamp beneath, and we often share the road with 18 wheelers that make the bridge rock. So anyway, we had just reached the bridge when traffic slowed down really bad. It ended up taking us twice as long to get over than it normally does. When we finally reached the end, the "problem" slowly edged off the road to let traffic pass. What a time to PAINT the road. Of course everyone was tired and grouchy at this point. Don't worry, I'm laughing as I type. ;)

So, back to what I was saying.
After this everyone usually takes a nap and I read and listen to music.
The last leg of the trip starts in Texas. We all are getting a little restless. About this time it is customary for someone to pipe up and call dibs on the hotel bathroom.


The trip is getting long, but San Antonio is getting closer. Not long now till we reach our destination. It's after sunset and getting darker. Soon the lights of San Antonio are visible and everyone's energy is temporarily restored. As soon as we pull into our hotel, seat belts click and everyone puts they're shoes back on. After this the Film Festival, sleep and dinner is on everyone's mind. In reverse order, of course. ;)
The trips are forgotten till our home calls and we're ready to sleep in our own beds.

Well, that’s my rendition of our beloved trip. Hope you all enjoyed and return for pictures and what went on at the Festival. Maybe even some more details of this years version of the trip.
You can guess that I won't be back for several days to post, but I will try and take a minute to respond to any comments, so feel free to speak your mind. ;)

Also, please pray for the safety of my family and all the other families while at this conference and traveling.

Blessings and love,

~Livvy
;)
P.S This is my 50th post!!!

P.P.S Jenna, thank you for the Awards, I hope to post them when we return. :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Livvy!
    Have a wonderfully blessed time at the Film Festival! Make sure to take lots of pictures and share them with us, and tell us ALL about it:)

    I will be praying for you and your family while you're on your trip...sounds like you have a real good plan~

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lauren Ann!
    Yes, it does get long. But after a few times it actually becomes enjoyable.

    Hello Jenna!
    Thank you so much for praying. It means alot.
    By the way, Lord willing, I will try and put several installments of posts out when I return, all generously dotted with pictures. ;)

    Blessings and love to you all!
    ~Livvy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Livvy,

    I'll be praying for you and your family. :) Have a wonderful time!

    I have given you a blogging award! :) Check out my blog for details.

    Love,
    Emily
    www.practicallypink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really sorry that I stopped following your blog, but I have been following to many people's. I have stopped following quite a few, and I am sorry to say that you are one of them.

    Lauren Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a good ride over and back. I know what it's like having to be in the car for a long time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of the festival, since I've never been to one before!

    Ta ta for now,

    ~Camille S.~

    ReplyDelete