Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Cats and Hats


The other day my Mother and I were sitting on our front porch swing knitting hats.They are to be sent to an orphanage in India. Our friend Mrs. Illges is getting a group of people together to knit them. So far we have over 950 hand-knitted hats! We just started in Oct 06. there have been about 40 people working on this project. They should be sent to India next month. Not only are they going to the orphanage though, they are also going to be sent to 2 leper colonies. But 1,000 hats are just starting to cover the orphanage. There are over 1 million children and people that need warm clothes just in that one place.
But back to my story. My mother and I had just started when a black streak landed in my lap. One of our 4 cats, Marjorie, decided that she wanted to help. She stayed with us for over 1 hour and a half. Just enjoying getting in our way. Having the time of her life. That's a Cat for you.
~Livvy

4 comments:

  1. Hey Olivia,
    What a cute story! What a lot of hats y'all have knitted, too! I can't wait to see you on Tuesday.
    ~Hannah Crocker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Can't wait to see y'all either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Olivia!
    I just found your blog from the link on Mike's blog. Your cat is so cute! I hope you're doing well. Y'all have to come see us sometime!

    Tricia Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tricia Ann!
    Thanks for visiting Me!
    I hope we can get together soon. I hope your family and farm is doing well! We are doing pretty good here.
    Talk to you later!

    Livvy

    ReplyDelete